Sunday, February 12, 2006

Lucy's Vows

Background: Two years ago, Lanell asks Lucy, "What are you doing the rest of your life?" On November 5, 2005, Lucy gave her an answer:

"Suppose love never came. I would be alright. If I would have spent the rest of my years waking to someone else or the cold nose of the dog, I would be okay. If the night came and went without a spoken word I would still wake in the morning and face the day.
I would still be curious, I would still seek delight in the world around me.

But love has come to me. Your love. And that’s all it took.

All of these years and I never really knew what it would feel like.

Now I do. And I will. I will accept this love and take you, my sweet Lanell into my life, to care for, in loving kindness with laughter and tears, at our weakest and our heartiest, I promise to love you for ever more. So in response to your question about what am I doing the rest of my life? I am happily spending it all with you."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home